Saturday, October 3, 2026

Day 03: Dracula (1931) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2026

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2022:
Dracula (1931)

Next up is ol' Drac.  I was gonna have a slight joke of the character in the word balloon being the same as Nosferatu's.  After all, Nosferatu was a, um, borrowed copy of Bram Stoker's "Dracula".  But, then I realized I did it in the wrong sequence and should have had Dracula first, then Nosferatu.  Ah, well, Nosferatu is cooler, IMHO, so I couldn't resist doing his caricature first.  My impatience derailed a minor joke most people wouldn't have cared about or found amusing in the least.  Not that something like that would have stopped me, of course--No joke too small or stupid for me not to say it!

And I'll be doing some other Universal Monsters for the rest of the first week.  Y'know, the black-and-white classics.

And, here's an Animated .GIF of ol' Drac, asking for Bluuuhdddd:

* * *

STEP ONE: Here are the quick pencils done on a 2,000px x 3,000px canvas @ 300dpi in Rebelle 8 Pro.

* * *

STEP TWO: Here is the finished digital painting.

* * *

Done Digitally with Rebelle 8 Pro.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment