Friday, July 11, 2014

Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Aliens - Glx

Glx


Here is the original entry for the Alien Race: Glx to the "Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe".

* * *


And here is my entry to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Redux.  As it was mentioned in the description that the Glx were Silicon-based, I pictured more of a crystalline structure for their body.

* * *


STEP ONE:  I created a New Document 1,000 x 1,500 pixels with a toned background and used a large Oil Pastel Brush to sketch in the pose.

* * *


STEP TWO:  I found some  photographic references for crystal structures and pasted them into the drawing.  I did paint over all of them, but it helped me to figure out how to do crystal growths and formations.

* * *


STEP THREE:  Here is the finished black-and-white under drawing. 

* * *


STEP FOUR:  I erased around the figure to remove the gray background.  Lastly, I created a MULTIPLY Layer and began to colorize the figure, and did some final highlights on a New Layer.  

* * *

Created digitally in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment