Monday, May 15, 2023

May the Fourth be With You 2023 (Belated)

 May the Fourth be With You 2023
(Belated)

Greetings!  It's a (belated) "May the Fourth Be With You" post, featuring my continuing--although not as Quixotic as it used to be--quest to make Jaxxon, the "Star Wars" version of a green Bugs Bunny, into something vaguely popular.  Jaxxon started in the Marvel Comics "Star Wars" #8, taking place after "A New Hope", in a pastiche of "7 Samurai"/"Magnificent 7" and...  And it's a long story.  He's a 6' tall, green rabbit which was loosely based on Bugs Bunny, that was in "Star Wars" comics.

When I first started posting Jaxxon on May the 4th back in... 2015?  Wait, that can't be right?  YIKES!  Anyhoo, I thought it would be neat if he ever made it into canon.  Now he's appeared in comics (sure, the "Star Wars: Adventures" line, but I'll take it as a win and say he's officially canon, now), and apparently even has a Black Series action figure.  He also is the star of the "Star Wars: Hyperspace Stories" one-shot with Dark Horse Comics this year (with an awesome Mike Mignola cover).  So, shall I declare myself the winner and say I'm done?  Heck no, time to double down and keep this train going!

Happy (belated) May the Fourth!

* * *

Done with Rebelle 6 (with an assist from Clip Studio Paint for the lettering and line work).

.

No comments:

Post a Comment