Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy (Belated) New Year!

HAPPY (Belated) NEW YEAR TO ALL!


Well, sorry I'm a little late about this, but I wanted to get SOMETHING posted for the New Year.  As far as I'm concerned, 2011 can take a running kick to the groin.  Make it to two or three...  Good riddance!  If the Earth ends in fire this year, as some are predicting, it will STILL be a modest improvement, methinks.  Ah, well...  Here's to the New Year being much better than the old...  :-)

My New Year's Resolution is to post more often on my (mostly) Comic Book Art Blog.  Speaking of which, I am planning on posting my big project next week, which it feels like I've been working on forever... (HINT:  For all those vaguely interested  it's a 20" x 30" cover recreation with the word "Smile!").  :-D

And, of course, for those interested in the process, see below:


  First, I did the pencils in non-photo blue...

* * * * *


Next: I did the inks with a No. 5 Round Brush and Ink.  I then scanned it into PhotoShop and did some really QUICK coloring and called it "Good!"  Nothing fancy... :-)

* * * * *

This was done with pen-and-ink on 9" x 12" Strathmore 300 Bristol Board (100#) and colored in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment