Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Fly (1958)

The Fly (1958)


It's the last of this batch of B-Movie Halloween drawings and I figured I'd end on the 1958 Vincent Price movie, "The Fly".  OK, I know the head of this version of the Fly is actually from "Return of the Fly" (1959), but to be honest it is more visually interesting (and more universally known) than the original.

Both the original version of "The Fly" and the Cronenberg (1986) re-make are extremely disturbing and horrific in their own way.  I remember watching the original when I was a kid and finding the movie to be terrifying in an existential way.  I never trusted the idea of a teleporter after that.  :-)

* * *


Here are the pencils on a 8-1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock.


* * *


Here are the inks, done with a No. 4 Round Brush and Pro-Art 4100 India Ink.


* * *


I then scanned it into Photoshop and colorized it with a MULTIPLY Layer.

* * *

Done with pen-and-ink on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock, colorized in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment