Friday, March 31, 2017

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2017 - Part 4

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2017
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)


Well, another year of March M.O.D.O.K. Madness has come to an end.

From the secret journals of Leonardo da Vinci, it's his true version of the Vitruvian Man!  Yeah, a parody of da Vinci's Vitruvian Man seems pretty obvious, I know, but I've never been much of one to let the obvious stop me!

Originally, I thought about including a Leonardo da Vinci-esque designed chair as part of a two-page spread, but since I barely had time to finish this one, I think I'll set that aside until next year, perhaps.

And, never one to leave a good pun laying on the ground, let me say: Veni, vidi, da Vinci!

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the scribbled breakdown for the picture, which I did on a new layer over an old book texture/background I had laying around on a hard drive.  I was going to include a faux script to pastiche Leonardo's handwriting, but later decided to leave that out.

* * *


STEP TWO:  Using a 7pt Pencil brush and a 5pt G7 ink brush in Photoshop, I drew out M.O.D.O.K.'s giant head and smaller, vestigial body.  I set the New Layer property to Multiply, that way I could switch back-and-forth between the sanguine color and white, using the white as an ad hoc eraser for the line work.  I also decided to make him larger on the page and replace the planned, tiny fig leaf with a well-placed Kirby Krackle, instead.  Ha cha cha cha!

* * *

Done digitally in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment