Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Sithmas - Emperor Palpatine

Merry Sithmas
Emperor Palpatine


Hey, I managed to sneak in another Sithmas Card!  This time, it's Emperor Sheev Palpatine (yes, his first name is "Sheev".  I Sheev you not...).  Since he kinda went nuts with the Force Lightning in "Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker", this image popped into my head as a possible idea for a Sithmas Card.  And here we are...

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the digital pencils, done in Clip Studio Paint.  It is a 1,000px x 1,400px document at 200dpi.

* * *


STEP TWO:  And here are the digital inks, also done in Clip Studio Paint.  I left large chunks in plain black, since the Force Lightning would cover most of the area and need more contrast to better stand out.

* * *


STEP THREE:  The color was done with a series of layers in Clip Studio Paint, with two different layers used for the lightning for the animation.  Then it was imported into Photoshop to animate two frames and exported as an animated .gif.

While I was coloring the drawing, I realized a little too late that I hadn't properly done the lighting from where the Force Lightning would be flashing.  I fudged it a little bit, and it MOSTLY works, but is not entirely correct.  Sigh...

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment