Thursday, December 19, 2019

Merry Sithmas - Knights of Ren: Scythe Warrior

Merry Sithmas
Knights of Ren: Scythe Warrior


Hey, it's time for a Sithmas Card!  What's that--Daft Punk is a Sith Warrior?  Actually, this time, it's one of the Knights of Ren: Scythe Warrior (also, The Rogue).  Darned if I can find a more accurate name at the moment--although, I'm sure they will officially release it just after I post this...

The Knights of Ren caught my interest in "Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens", and appeared in the trailer for "Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker" (which I plan on seeing this evening--just 'cuz I'm a nerd).

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the digital pencils, done in Clip Studio Paint (formerly MangaStudio).  It is a 1,000px x 1,400px document at 200dpi.  Frankly, the pencils above aren't all the good, or close to the finished image.  But, I include them so people can see how much things can change, as well as the actual work involved in finishing a drawing.  They don't all come out immediately correct, but also can need some work.  Like this one.  The helmet is wide and a little short at the top of the head, for example.

* * *


STEP TWO:  And here are the digital inks, also done in Clip Studio Paint, as I find the ink brush engine superior to all other programs I've tried.

* * *


STEP THREE:  The color was done with a series of layers in Clip Studio Paint, then it was imported into Photoshop to animate two frames and exported as an animated .gif.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment