Monday, October 28, 2019

Day 28: Hellraiser Cenobite (Chatterer) - 31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019

31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019
Day 28: Hellraiser Cenobite (Chatterer)


Today's posting is a Cenobite from the "Hellraiser" series, Chatterer.  I've already done Pinhead last year (or was it the year before?), so thought I should choose one of the less well-known Cenobites.  I liked the first "Hellraiser" movie, and the sequel was generally pretty good.  I kind of fell out of the franchise after that, but found the Cenobites to be visually interesting.  Also, I was a fan of Clive Barker's writing as a teen--alternating between him and Stephen King.

Below, I quickly scribbled some pencils onto some toned cardstock, which was then sprayed with a casein fixative.  After that, I laid down a quick wash of watercolor/gouache, and then worked at it some more.  Over top, I added some pen-and-ink with a brush (I had done the opposite on previous drawings, with pen-and-ink first, then watercolor over top--this time, I did the opposite).

I did some Photoshop trickery this time around and merged the faces of Step two (with about 40% opacity) and three together, which added a warmth to the layer, and knocked down some of the harshness caused by the scanner.  I've included both so you can see the difference.

* * *





* * *

Done with watercolor/gouache and ink on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment