Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Day 16: Plan 9 From Outer Space - 31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019

31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019
Day 16: Plan 9 From Outer Space


Hey, I'm over the halfway point and still managing to (barely) keep my head above water on this!  This time out, it's Vampira from "Plan 9 From Outer Space" as one of the resurrected dead, part of the (snicker) sinister "Plan 9".

OK, to be honest, this one gave me a lot of trouble and still did not turn out quite the way I wanted it to, alas.  I did the original layout in colored pencil to keep the lines present when I worked over it with charcoal.  I did the background in soft charcoal, then sprayed a workable fixative over top.  When I did the charcoal on Vampira's dress, it just wasn't able to get dark enough and kept lifting out.  Sigh.  So, I broke out some ink and used that as the black for the dress and hair, etc.  I then used black and white colored pencils to continue with the shading/highlights.

Here is the drawing as it progressed...

* * *





* * *

Done with charcoal, ink, and colored pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment