Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Day 01: It Begins! - 31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019

31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019
Day 01: It Begins


(This picture is intended as a nod to Marty Feldman in "Young Frankenstein".)

Greetings!  OK, this is probably a bad idea.  In fact, I'm reasonably certain this is a bad idea.

Rather than my usual half-hearted participation in Inktober, I thought I'd invent something else:

* * *

31 DAYS OF HELL-O-WEEN!  
(Queue lightning/thunder sound effects and scary screams)
 Here are some logos/stamps to use for those of you who want to play along at home!

* * *

Rather than stick to using pen-and-ink (a good idea, IMHO--which is why Inktober got so popular), I'm opening this up to any medium.  And by "medium", I mean the spooky people who talk to ghosts!  Oh, wait, no, I mean any ARTISTIC medium: pen-and-ink, marker, watercolor, casein, acrylic, oil paint, charcoal, digital...  All of the above?  Whatever you want to use to do a Monster-a-Day for the next 31 days!

That's right--For the next 31 Days, I plan on posting drawings/paintings of monsters every day (mostly B-Movie monsters, as well as other famous movie monsters) until we reach Halloween.  So far I have plans for "Nosferatu", Bela Legosi Dracula, Christopher Lee Dracula, Frankenstein variations, "John Carpenter's The Thing", "Invasion of the Saucer-Men", "It Conquered the World", "They Live", "Plan 9 From Outer Space", etc., etc.  Y'know, the usual favorites.  Maybe even a few monsters of my own, if the muse strikes me.

I had hoped to get ahead of the rush and build myself up a bit of a cushion of a few extra drawings for any days in which life interrupts and I'm not able to get stuff done.  Alas, I just finished the digital painting above a couple hours ago.  I'm off to a glorious start and am behind schedule before I even began!  Sigh...

So, place your bets as to how long before I'm posting stick figures and smudges on paper as posts of Lovecraftian madness the mind cannot comprehend?  Or blank panels explaining it is "The Invisible Man"!  What excuses will I make when I inevitably fail to make a post on one (or more) of the days?  Will it be a spectacular and public failure?  Join me each day and find out!  (SPOILERS: It probably will!)

* * *

The painting was done digitally on the iPad with ArtStudio Pro.
The Logo was created in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment