Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Day 08: The Mummy - 31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019

31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019
Day 08: The Mummy


Today's monster is The Mummy.  To my young mind, the terror of The Mummy was the slow, inexorable doom that stalks us all.  Yeah, I was pretty morbid as a kid... I guess I still am to a certain degree--a smiling morbidity, though.  :-D

This was done with watercolor on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.  After the pencils were finished, I sprayed a casein fixative over top the drawing to prevent too much warping from the watercolor, and not resist the watercolor, either.  I intended the painting to be a little more washed out on the edges, with the center of focus remaining on Karloff's face.

And here are works in progress for those interested.  Well, they are here for those not interested, as well...

* * *




* * *

Done with watercolor on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment