Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Day 15: Killer Klowns from Outer Space - 31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019

31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019
Day 15: Killer Klowns from Outer Space


OK, I'm more of a fan of "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" than I probably should.  I found the murderous, clown-based space aliens to be amusing, and their whimsical death traps imaginative--I mean, a shadow puppet, balloon animals, and cotton candy that kill people?  It's just a goofy, fun movie which I kinda like.

For this one, I started with a light sketch in pencil, and then went to work over top with watercolor.  In this case, I had bought some cheap watercolors that were on clearance... bleh!  Not too good.  So, I broke out my usual watercolors and set to work.  It was easy to notice a lot more pigment in the better quality watercolors/gouache.  So, there's a lesson in that, kids!

Anyways, below is the Step-by-Step...

* * *





* * *

This was done with watercolor/gouache on 9" x 12" Fluid (140#) Cold Press Watercolor Paper.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment