Saturday, October 5, 2019

Day 05: Bride of Frankenstein - 31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019

31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019
Day 05: Bride of Frankenstein


Hey, hey, hey!  The 31 Days of HELL-o-Ween keeps on going.  This time, it's the Bride of Frankenstein.  Or, technically, I guess it is the Bride of the Monster, with Frankenstein being the name of the scientist, and the Monster being the one who points that out (yeah, a classic joke which I cannot stop telling whenever I mention Frankenstein--which is surprisingly often.  Several time on this Blog, alone).

This was painting with acrylic on 6" x 8" gessoed hardboard.  For this painting, I used a rather limited palette of M. Graham acrylic paints:  Titanium White, Lamp Black, Payne's Gray, Anthraquinone Blue, and Yellow Ochre.

Alas, most of the subtlety of the painting was lost in the scan, itself.  Some of the blended areas and lines scan a little more harshly than they are in actuality.  Oh, well.  

Also, I was hoping to get 3 drawings and paintings done this evening to catch me up 'til next week, but kept working on The Bride of Frankenstein until I got it (mostly) right, so only the one painting.  Sigh, that doesn't bode well for my hoped for schedule.  Double sigh...

Here's the progression for those interested...

* * *




* * *

Done with acrylic paint on 6" x 8" gessoed hardboard.

.

2 comments:

  1. Already about 1/6 through the month and you are absolutely nailing this! Your work just keeps on getting better, and on a deadline even!!! Keep it up! ...and if it’s not too much of a bother and you’re running out of subject matter, maybe consider Pumpkinhead? He’d look phenomenal in your inks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo, Todd! Flattery! But, I'll take what I can get. After the initial back-and-forth--and total, blinding panic--I'm starting to think this may actually work out. Some of the drawings and painting haven't been totally embarrassing! I know, I can't believe it, either. Of course, now I've totally jinxed it. Oh, well, it was a good run while it lasted! :-P

      And, yes, Pumpkinhead is on deck for sometime this month. Just gotta figure out which day in particular. Hmmmm...

      Delete