Sunday, February 7, 2021

Unwanted Valentines: The Incredible Melting Man (1977)

 Unwanted Valentines:
The Incredible Melting Man (1977)

Hey, it's that time of year when I post a couple-a-few Valentines so nerdy and/or grotesque (or perhaps GORE-tesque in this case) that no one would be all that pleased to receive them.

Yes, I did a painting of "The Incredible Melting Man" in the 30 Days of HELL-O-Ween but, ironically, I had the idea for this Unwanted Valentine last year before I even did the 30 Days of HELL-O-Ween.  I mentioned in that post I owned a copy of "Famous Monsters" featuring "The Incredible Melting Man", the cover image of which transfixed me as a kid.  So, here it is again!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the scribbled digital pencils.  I've recently decided to work with larger canvases, so this was done as a 5,000px x 7,100px @ 300dpi.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And the digital inks as well as the lettering.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here are the various color layers, under the inking layer.  I subdued the reds a little bit, going with more rust colors, so it didn't visually blend into the lettering too much.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment