Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2022 #1

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2022
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)

Hey, it's March already, which can only mean one thing as far as I'm concerned:
MARCH M.O.D.O.K. MADNESS!

Here's the first of what I hope will be many, many submissions to the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog.  Go over and pay them a visit to see some of the other artists who also enjoy the exploits of everyone's favorite Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the very quickly scribbled digital pencils using the Symmetry Tool, and then the rough lettering done over top with a digital ink pen.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here are digital inks, also just quickly done.  Once I had the loose ink drawing done, I started digital painting his head underneath.  When I got the first pass done, I dropped the ink lines down onto the painting to integrate it into the brushwork to come.

* * *

STEP THREE:  Here's the finished digital painting.  After that, I did up the lettering, which is behind.  There was also a white outline around the lettering. 

* * *

STEP FOUR:  And here's the finished painting.  To get the white outline and lose the color of the lettering took an embarrassing amount of trial-and-error.  I think it went through "Rasterize" the layer, then moving the Layer Property to "Screen".  On to the next one!

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint

.

No comments:

Post a Comment