Thursday, March 30, 2023

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023 #9

 March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)


It's yet another bit of M.O.D.O.K.-based spam for the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog!  This time it is a parody of the Charles Atlas ads that ran continually in the comic books of my youth.  Alas, I had to jettison the ad copy and focus on just the comic strip part of the ad for the sake of time.  I am hoping to get one more submission in by tomorrow morning.  We shall see!

For those many of you who are no doubt too young to have seen it, this here is a copy of the original ad from which I was working:

* * *

STEP ONE Here are the digital, blue-line pencils done on a 2,000px x 2,280px canvas @300dpi in Clip Studio Paint.  

* * *

STEP TWO I did up the digital inks, then a grayscale coloring for M.O.D.O.K. on the side panel.  The grayscale layer was imported into Photoshop and run through a half-tone filter, and then brought back into Clip Studio Paint on an Overlay Filter (I do wish Clip Studio Paint had a better Filter system for pictures, ala Photoshop.  Oh, well...).  I also used the Retro Supply Co.'s paper texture to give it that old newsprint look.  

On to the next (and last) submission!

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint with an assist from Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment