Friday, March 31, 2023

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023 #9

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)


Well, I made it under the wire with one more submission to the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog!  It's the last one for 2023, with this time being a Matryoshka Doll of M.O.D.O.K. and Friends/Fiends with Jack Kirby being the Kirby Krackle-Powered heart at the center of it all.  Oh, shoot, I just realized I forgot to go back and ink/color his trademark cigar.  Oh, well, smoking isn't good for you anyways.

I still didn't get to half the ideas I had for "March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023," so I guess I'll be rolling them over for next year, for which I'll only get to half of those, as well.  M.O.D.O.K. is one of my favorite, weirdo Kirby Kreations, so I look forward to this every year.  Here's to looking ahead to next year!

Also, whaddya know--this is my 500th post on this Blog!

* * *

STEP ONE Here are the digital, blue-line pencils done on a 2,000px x 1,800px canvas @300dpi in Clip Studio Paint.  I did the outlines of the Matryoshka dolls first, and then penciled them in afterwards.  Originally, I had the A.I.M. guy tipped over, but I wasn't able to place him sideways without too much being covered up and it just looking weird.  So, he just became part of the standing line up.  Oh, well.

* * *

STEP TWO And these are the digital inks.  I tried to keep it all simple and more of a dead line weight to keep everything sort of cartoony for the drawings.  

* * *

STEP THREE And here's the colors added.  I did a separate layer for each of the characters/dolls so I could move them around if need be for the line-up.  It seemed to work out well as part of the work flow for this drawing.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment