Saturday, April 29, 2023

501st Legion for 501st Post

 501st Legion for 501st Post

What better way to celebrate the 501st Post on this Blog than to have a reference to the Stormtrooper 501st Legion: Vader's Fist?  Sure, it's a long, long way to go for a single joke, but that's never stopped me before, lemme tell you!  In fact, one may even say it was was a joke from "A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away..."

After noodling around, I figured it would be amusing to do up a parody of one of the many classic "Star Wars" Posters, but instead of Luke, Leia, and Han, it was members of the 501st Legion: Vader's Fist.  I was gonna do up some more interesting action scenes, but the were drifting a bit too close to some other works I've seen and didn't want to accidentally copy them.  So, I went more the route of classic parody. 

* * *

STEP ONE Here are some layout sketches for different possible ideas.  The last one was the parody of the "Star Wars" poster of yore.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here are the scribbled layouts, done in Rebelle 6 on a 2,000px by 3,000px canvas.

* * *

STEP THREE:  I was mostly done in Rebelle, but decided to finish it off with an assist from Clip Studio Paint.  I just have too many brushes in Clip Studio Paint that I know how to use to achieve certain effects that I don't have down yet for Rebelle and got impatient.  I'll have to work on that, of course.

* * *

Done digitally with Rebelle 6 and Clip Studio Paint 2

.

No comments:

Post a Comment