Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mash-Up: Charles M Schulz - Kamandi

MASH-UP: 
Charles M. Schulz - Kamandi

(I would like to acknowledge and thank Paul Montgomery from iFanboy for the idea of the Charles M. Schulz and Kamandi Mash-Up.)


Kamandi was another one of those Jack Kirby creations that I picked up when I was in my late teens, about the same time I discovered "The Eternals", "OMAC", and his run on "Captain America".   Vaguely, it was sort of Last Boy on Earth meets "Planet of the Apes", with some other sci-fi elements mixed in.  His name comes from a misunderstanding, as he was raised in Command D (Command D/Kamandi).  I really thought it was a fun series.  The humanoid animals (lions, tigers, dogs and apes, mostly) believed in a Garden of Eden called "The Washington Zuu".  I mean, how great is that?  :-D

Here's the Pen and Ink drawing.


This was done with pen and ink on coated laser printer paper and colored digitally in Photoshop.

.

2 comments:

  1. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/FabioPBarbieri/schulz-kirby_zpsb87fe0f1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey FPB, :-)

      That's GREAT! Thanks for stopping by and sharing the link!

      - John D.

      Delete