Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nosferatu (1922)

Nosferatu (1922)


To round out this Hat Trick of Halloween, here's a drawing of the silent movie classic, Nosferatu (1922).  Max Schreck portrays one of the creepiest and scariest vampires out there IMHO, and the movie is still disturbing.

* * *


Here are the pencils on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

* * *


And here are the inks, done with a No. 4 Round Brush and Speedball Super Black India Ink.

* * *


And, finally, I scanned it into Photoshop and colorized it with a MULTIPLY Layer in the same general style as the previous two drawings for "The Invisible Man" and "The Bride of Frankenstein".  I decided to do a third drawing in that style and Monochrome so there was an ersatz RGB Color Scheme of sorts to the series.  (I like to think I'm clever, even when I'm not.  ;-)

* * *

Done with pen-and-ink on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock, colorized in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment