Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March MODOK Madness 2014 (Part 2)! - Colorized

M.O.D.O.K.
(MENTAL ORGANISM DESIGNED ONLY for KILLING)


Here's the colorized version of the submission to the March MODOK Madness Blog I posted yesterday.  The Blog is closed for submissions for this year, so I guess I'll have to send it out for 2015... :-)

* * *


STEP ONE: Here's the digital painting of M.O.D.O.K. from yesterday.

* * *


STEP TWO:  I added solid colors over a MULTIPLY Layer.

* * *


STEP THREE:  I built up the darks and lights in the MULTIPLY Layer.  While great for colorizing black-and-white pictures, the colors can be a bit less vibrant in the MULTIPLY Layer and the highlights can be muted.

* * *


STEP FOUR:  Lastly, on a New Layer which was set to NORMAL, I added the brightest highlights.

* * *

This was done digitally in PhotoShop.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment