Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Inktober 2017 - Invaders From Mars (1953)

Invaders from Mars


Well, I only got one more of my planned Inktober 2017 done, alas.  I was busy with several other projects of varying importance, so had to set my Blog aside for a little while.  I have quite a backlog of stuff I still want to post this year--so, we'll see how that goes!

This is for "Invaders from Mars", the 1953 movie about, well, Invaders--from Mars!  I watch this movie when I was a kid, and it struck a paranoiac chord in my psyche.  Flying saucers, Martians, and mind control--Oh, my! 

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the pencils, lightly sketched out with a 6B pencil on 9" x 12" Strathmore Bristol board.

* * *


STEP TWO:  These are the inks, done with a No. 2 brush and Medium technical pen.

* * *


STEP THREE:  Sort of ruining the purpose of the purpose of Inktober, I did a stylized colorization of the pen-and-ink drawing by using a Multiply Layer.  Oh, well, I've never been much for listenin' or following directions.

* * *

This was done with pen-and-ink and colorized in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment