Saturday, May 11, 2019

May the Fourth Be With You - 2019

May the Fourth Be With You!


Hey, it's my "May the Fourth Be With You" for 2019.

"But, John," I can hear you saying, "it's May 11th.  You're a week late!"  Yes, well, that is true... but I was busy!  So there!  

"But, John, where is Jaxxon the giant, green, Star Wars rabbit?  Aren't you supposed to be on some Quixotic quest to get Jaxxon back into Star Wars cannon?"  Very true!  But, that post will have to wait until either Sunday May 12th, or Monday, May 13th, when I do my posting for "Revenge of the Fifth/Sixth".  See?  It all makes perfect sense!

Anyhoo, this a really dumb mash-up which I alluded to last year when I used the Power Droid/Gonk Droid/GNK Droid for one of my "Unwanted Valentines".  In fact, I used most of the drawing of the GNK Droid from the "Unwanted Valentine" and just added the arm and He-Man's sword.  Two parts of my childhood, Star Wars and He-Man, brought together!  You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!  And you got your peanut butter on my chocolate!

* * *


STEP ONE:  Just for fun, I included the line drawing for the Power Droid.  It was done on a 1,500px x 2,100px canvas at 300dpi.  When I dropped the resolution to 200dpi for posting on the Blog, it resized to 1,000px x 1,400px.

* * *


STEP TWO:  Hey, it's a bunch of colors which were done on a series of layers.  I used the Radial Perspective tool in Clip Studio Paint to make the radiating lights from the He-Man sword.

* * *

Done digitally in Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint EX.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment