Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year 2020!

Happy New Year!


Hey, my first posting of the new year!  And it's on New Year's Day and everything!

OK, this is probably cliche at this point.  But, I figured what better, nerdier way to ring in the New Year (and new decade for that matter) than having Old Man Time and Baby New Year replaced with old man Yoda and, well, Baby Yoda?

Of course, it is also tempting to just have Yoda's eyes bugged even more than usual on the "Maury Povich" show next to Yaddle, with the exclamation "You **ARE** the father!"  But, I'm sure that's also been done a million times already.

I just want to take a few moments to say THANK YOU to everyone who has stopped by to gawk at my meager drawings and dabblings, and a few brave souls who even chosen to follow my Blog, and/or even comment on some postings.  It is so greatly appreciated!

Here's to hoping the year 2020 doesn't just look good in hindsight!  After all, they say hindsight is 20/20, so who knows?  Best wishes to all!

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the digital pencils, done in Clip Studio Paint on a 1,500px x 1,800px canvas at 300dpi.  For both of these, when finished, I Single-Layer Export as a .jpg and reduced it to 1,000px x 1,200px.and 200dpi.

* * *


STEP TWO:  And here is the digital painting that was also done in Clip Studio Paint.  This time around, I thought I'd try to keep it digitally painted, rather than just doing the digital pen-and-ink and then coloring it as I normally seem to do.  I dunno.  The results are... mixed.  Try, try again, I guess.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment