Saturday, January 25, 2014

Celestials: Devron the Experimenter

Celestials: 
Devron the Experimenter

Well, I've finally started doing more Celestials by popular request (well, as popular as anything gets on my Blog, anyways ;-).  I decided to use the same style as the previous entries which I did for the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe: REDUX EDITION.  You can click HERE to see previous entries or click the Celestials Label on the sidebar of the Blog.


Here is the original version.

Devron and his "brother", Gamiel the Manipulator (my next post), were both introduced in a comedic story involving the Hulk and Devil Dinosaur.  I've only seen a few panels from Marvel Monsters: Devil Dinosaur #1 by Eric Powell and it somehow missed being on my radar.  Being a fan of both Eric Powell and Devil Dinosaur, I will absolutely be tracking that issue down the next time I get to my comic book shop. :-)

* * *


STEP ONE:  I did the pencils with with a blue-lead pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The inks were done with an extra-fine pen.  I went back over top and added some line width to get some variation and add a sense of weight to the ink drawing.

* * *


STEP THREE:  I scanned the drawing into PhotoShop and colorized it with a MULTIPLY Layer.  I kept the color scheme very simple to match the previous Celestials entries I did for  the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe: REDUX EDITION.  

* * *

This was done with pen-and-ink on 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" cardstock and colored in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment