Friday, July 12, 2013

The Man Who Laughs: The Joker (Colorized)

The Man Who Laughs:
The Joker (Colorized)


Here's a version last week's painting, Conrad Veidt's "The Man Who Laughs", as The Joker -- Now with color!

* * *

Not much in the way of process this time around...


I put a MULTIPLY LAYER over the gouache painting in PhotoShop, laying in flat colors.  Then starting building up shadows and highlights in the MULTIPLY LAYER, as well as some extra highlights on new layers.

This was done with black and white gouache on 6" x 9" Arches Hot Press paper which was glued to Medium Density Fiberboard with Acrylic Matte Medium.  I then scanned it into PhotoShop and colorized it.

* * *

I would also be remiss if I didn't point out the unintended visual progression of drawing from Venom to Venom-Joker, to Joker-Venom, to the Joker.

 


I didn't do it on purpose, but I found it mildly amusing when I noticed it.  :-D

.

No comments:

Post a Comment