Monday, January 27, 2014

Celestials: Gamiel the Manipulator

Celestials:
Gamiel the Manipulator


Gamiel the Manipulator first appeared with his "brother", Devron the Experimenter, in Eric Powell's Marvel Monsters: Devil Dinosaur #1.  Sure, the zany adventures of Devron and Gamiel aren't exactly canon, but I still felt they should be included with the rest of the Celestials in this series.


Here is the original version. 

* * *


STEP ONE:  I did the pencils with blue pencil lead on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  Inks were done with a Sharpie Fine-Point Non-Bleed marker.  I traced back over some of the lines to build up some line variation and thickness. 

* * *


STEP THREE:  I scanned the drawing into PhotoShop and colorized it with a MULTIPLY Layer.  Once more, I kept the color scheme very simple to match the previous Celestials entries I did for  the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe: REDUX EDITION.  

* * *

This was done with pen-and-ink on 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" cardstock and colored in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment