Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Aliens - Contraxians

Contraxians


Here is the original entry for the Alien Race: Contraxian to the "Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe".

* * *



Originally, I planned on just doing a proxy drawing of Jack of Hearts--a character I always thought looked pretty cool--the same way I sneaked ROM Spaceknight into my entry for Galadorians.  But, then I thought I should do up a female version, but all the designs I did for it just didn't seem to work for me for some reason.  So, I just scrapped it all and only vaguely called back to the character.

To be honest, I really overthought this one too much and it took wwwaaayyyyy too long to finish.  Ah, well.

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the quick digital pencils, scribbled out on a New 900px x 1,350px document.

* * *


STEP TWO:  And here are the roughs for the digital inks and color flats.  I didn't bother getting too detailed with the inks, since they were going to be covered anyways on the final digital painting.

* * *



STEP THREE:  I built up the colors on a new layer, basically covering all the inks I did to make it more painterly/rendered.

* * *

This was done digitally with Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment