Thursday, October 13, 2016

Inktober 2016 - C.H.U.D. (1984)

C.H.U.D.
Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller


It's another Inktober/Horror B-Movie drawing!  In this case, it is the 1984, um, classic, "C.H.U.D." (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller).  As a teen, the VHS cover to C.H.U.D. was ubiquitous in everyplace you could rent movies and was nigh impossible to avoid (not that I did, of course).

And, yeah, I know the alternate for C.H.U.D. is Contamination Hazard Urban Disposal, but Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller beats that into the ground.  I mean, c'mon, it isn't even a fight for that one.  :-)

C.H.U.D.'s even made appearances in "The Simpsons", one of which I quote shockingly often:


Onward!

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the pencils, using a .5mm mechanical pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The inks were done with a #10 brush.

* * *


STEP THREE:  After I scanned it in, I colorized it in Photoshop.  Originally, I went with a red color scheme, but then thought better of it and a changed it to green.

* * *

Done with pen-and-ink and colorized in Photoshop.

.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, I did not rent enough movies in my teens. I totally don't remember C.H.U.D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jack, I guess you didn't go to the right movie isle (well, more of a shelf, really) at Copps in Wisconsin Rapids... Or one of the million or so gas stations which rented movies at the time. You and your sheltered life. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

      To paraphrase ol' Robert Frost, "Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one which rented 'C.H.U.D.', and that has made all the difference." Not a difference for the better, of course. That much is obvious. :-)

      Delete