Monday, October 31, 2016

Inktober Halloween Round-Up - 2016

Inktober 2016

Well, here are all the pen-and-ink scans for 2016's Inktober/Halloween drawings in one post.  One could say that it sort of defeats the purpose of Inktober by colorizing the pen-and-ink, but that's never stopped me before (and won't in the future, either, of course).

So, without further ado, and with further adon't, here they are in their black and white gory!  Er, glory!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!















* * *

All were done with pen-and-ink with a No. 10 brush on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock (with a minor assist with a Pilot Precise v7 pen for the "They Live" drawing).

.

2 comments:

  1. I think I like the Rondo best. Especially the front facing picture. The rest are creepy and all, but too unrealistic to be seriously scary. I can walk home in the dark and feel secure that I'm not going to run into C.H.U.D., you know? Rondo, however ... Rondo might be lurking there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rondo **IS** lurking! But, I'm thinking I may have bumped into a C.H.U.D. or two in Central Wisconsin... ;-)

      Although, the TRUE horror is when your body betrays you, ala Rondo Hatton and Marty Feldman. For Hatton, it was his pituitary gland activating as an adult which transformed him from an average-looking guy to a man who starred in horror movies without any prosthetics (there is a "Monkey Paw" kind of wish, in that I believe he wanted to be a Hollywood star). For Feldman, it was a thyroid issue which caused the radical change in his appearance, particularly his now-iconic, bulging eyes.

      And, now that I'm fast approaching geezer-hood, I am not-so-eagerly awaiting to see what my body will do to betray me, too. Yikes! Talk about horror! Trick or Treat, indeed! :-O

      Delete