Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Inktober 2016 (Belated) - Killers from Space (1954)

Killers from Space


I technically had this one finished yesterday (October 31st, 2016) for Inktober, but wasn't totally done with the toned coloration, so I decided not to post it right away.  I finished it up and thought I'd post it today, instead (and update the Round-Up post, as well).  

No, they aren't invaders from the Planet Marty Feldman!  The googly-eyed aliens had a plan to wipe out humanity because... something, something?  Oh, who are we kidding, the plot was the least interesting aspect of the movie.  To me, the best part was the fact their unblinking, ping-pong ball eyes were always pointing in different, odd directions at any given time.

* * *


STEP ONE:  The pencils were done with a .5mm mechanical pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The inks were done with a #10 brush and ink.

* * *


STEP THREE:  Finally, I scanned it into Photoshop and did a toned overlay.

* * *

This was done with pen-and-ink and digitally colored in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment