Monday, October 24, 2016

Inktober 2016 - Hellraiser (1987)

Hellraiser


In the mid-80's, I binged through some of Clive Barker's books--particularly his short story collections "Books of Blood", "The Inhuman Condition", and "In the Flesh".  I even read "The Hellbound Heart", so I already had a passing familiarity with Clive Barker and the story the "Hellraiser" was based on.

What can I say about Pinhead that hasn't been said already?  One of the most iconic monsters to come out of 80's horror, right up there with Jason, Freddy, and Mike Meyers.  Although, maybe I should have gone with some of the more obscure Cenobites, like Butterball, Chatterer, or The Female...  Maybe next year.

* * *


STEP ONE:  The pencils were done with a .5mm mechanical pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.  I actually started over and re-drew everything several times to get Pinhead even vaguely right.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The inks were done with a #10 brush and ink.

* * *


STEP THREE:  I scanned in the inks and colorized it in Photoshop.

* * *

This was done with pen-and-ink and digitally colored in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment