Thursday, October 8, 2015

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)


The Creature from the Black Lagoon, A.K.A. Gill-Man, was a creature I knew more about from pictures in various monster magazines and books then from the movie, itself.  It did eventually show up in one of the many Saturday Monster Matinees they would show on TV when I was growing up.  As I was a kid with a fixation and imagination bent toward anything with monsters, aliens, and robots, found it great, scary fun.  I haven't watched it recently, so I wonder how it holds up to a more modern viewing.

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the rough pencils on a 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock.

* * * 


STEP TWO:  I inked the pencils with a a #8 brush and Pro-Art 4100 India Ink. 

* * *


STEP THREE:  I scanned it into Photoshop and colorized the Creature with three values of green over a MULTIPLY Layer, but also added some more color to the lips, and blue background.  I added a couple simple bubbles just 'cuz it amused me.

* * *

Done with pen-and-ink on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock, colorized in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment