Friday, October 2, 2015

The Mummy (1932)

The Mummy (1932)


Hey, it's that time again for Monochromatically colored pen-and-ink drawings for Halloween B-Movies from the past!  (Click the Label B-MOVIE to see the rest.)  And it's Inktober, which is also a thing, I guess, for the past few years?  So, it's a twofer! 

I watched this movie when I was a kid, and the Mummy as unstoppable force of nature -- long before there was a Terminator movie -- was a concept which filled me with, well, horror.  Then again, my 6 year-old mind was constantly bubbling over with terrors and monsters aplenty.

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the rough pencils on a 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  And here are the inks.  I used a Copic .5mm pen and a #8 brush and Pro-Art 4100 India Ink.

* * *


STEP THREE:  I scanned it into Photoshop and did a monochrome coloration with three values of blue over a MULTIPLY Layer.

* * *

Done with pen-and-ink on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock, colorized in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment