Friday, October 30, 2015

Wizard of Oz (1939)

Wizard of Oz (1939)


Well, for the last of the Halloween-based Inktober drawings, I figured I'd do a witch.  And, which witch is the most famous witch of all?  Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West, of course (OK, I read the book "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire... I haven't seen the musical, yet). 

And, since it is "The Wizard of Oz", I guess the term "B-Movie" really doesn't apply all that much.  Oh, well.

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the rough pencils on a 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  I inked the pencils with a a #8 brush and Pro-Art 4100 India Ink.

* * *


STEP THREE:  I scanned the pen-and-ink drawing into Photoshop and colorized it over a MULTIPLY Layer.

* * *

Done with pen-and-ink on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock, colorized in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment