Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Merry Sithmas - Trilla: Second Sister

MERRY SITHMAS
Trilla: Second Sister

OK, I admit to having to go to a slightly more obscure Sith-Adjacent character, just to make it interesting.  She was introduced in an appearance the comic book series "Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith", and was the main villain in the video game, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (2019).  Alas, I gave up video games a long time ago, in a galaxy right here.  But, I liked the look of Trilla: Second Sister and figured it would be cool to do a Sithmas card of her.  And here it is.

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the digital pencils, done in Clip Studio Paint.  It is a 2,00px x 2,791px document at 300dpi.  I used the Symmetry Tool to keep everything, well, symmetrical between the two sides.

* * *

STEP TWO:  So I can scale the drawing up in the future without having to redraw everything from the beginning, I did most of it as Vector Graphics (Vector are mathematical lines and shapes, keeping their sharpness as they are scaled up; Raster, which use individual pixels, generally get blurry as they are enlarged).  Given the lined style I normally use for the Sithmas Cards, I think it generally worked.  

* * *

STEP THREE:  Several Layers later--each with their own color linework--and we have the finished project.  I also imported it into Photoshop so as to animate the card.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint (with the .gif done in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment