Saturday, December 26, 2020

Happy Merry Everything! - Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

HAPPY MERRY EVERYTHING! 
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

Here's one of the titular Martians from "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" (1964)...

And Santa from the self-same movie...

Well, because 2020 had to keep being 2020 'til the end, I was putting the finishing touches on a "Merry Sithmas" Card of Darth Talon, when the iPad ate my homework.  It didn't do anything that you would expect, like just destroying the the entire thing, or even going back to my last save from the previous half-hour when I had last saved.  Instead it chose to save as a previous version when I had the digital pencils finished and only the rough, digital pencils.  Everything else was gone.  So, not having to start completely over, but just enough back to mock me for all the work which was lost.  Sigh...

Sure, there's not a specific date for Sithmas of which I'm aware, but I always presume around December 25th, give-or-take, and I have a lot of other stuff to finish up before the end of the year.  To be positive about it, I guess I'll just pretend that I have an early start on next year's Sithmas Card with Darth Talon.

Instead, in a fit of desperation, I grabbed two relatively quick digital paintings I did for my other blog for Figure Drawings (which, thanks to COVID-19, is now just showing scans of sketchbook drawings since May 14, 2020, as the two Figure Drawing Sessions I used to run are currently cancelled.  Mother-Loving 2020 strikes again!)  I touched up the Martian a little bit and re-uploaded them here, as they kinda sorta work here, too.  Kinda.

In spite of 2020, I hope everyone has a (now belated) Happy Merry Everything!

* * *

Done digitally in ArtStudio Pro.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment