Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Dave Prowse - The Horror of Frankenstein (1970)

 Dave Prowse - In Memoriam
The Horror of Frankenstein (1970)

In memory of the recently deceased, Dave Prowse, rather than go with the obvious, Darth Vader, I thought I'd go with "The Horror of Frankenstein" (1970).  Y'know, zig when I was supposed to zag.  It was a classic Hammer film (most Hammer films I watched involved Dracula, but they spread their, um, "wings" from time-to-time to include Frankenstein and his Monster as well).

I first watched this when I was a kid, so I didn't catch most of the semi-comedic hijinks until much later in life.  All I knew was it seemed scary and had monsters in it, so I was all in.  Yeah, I was pretty dumb and easily amused as a child... and as an adult, too, now that I think about it.

Besides, if I know me as well as I think I do, I'm sure I'll be doing plenty more Darth Vader drawings/paintings in the near future. 😀

* * *

STEP ONE:  In Painter 2020 on my Windows 10 machine, I created a 3,000px x 4,000px canvas and sketched out the initial drawing using one of the digital pencil brushes.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here's the three-quarter point, done with a series of chalk brushes in Painter 2020.  I noticed the left eye was a little low in the painting and corrected that, and shrunk down the ear a smidge.

* * *

STEP THREE:  For the last little bit and touch ups, I imported it into Art Studio Pro on the iPad.  It has a few extra brushes that I am familiar with using, rather than trying to remember where they are in Painter.  Also added some final highlights and shadows.  All pics were then exported at 1,000px x 1,333px and posted here.

* * *

Done digitally in Painter 2020 with Windows 10 and finished in Art Studio Pro on the iPad.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment