Sunday, October 2, 2022

Day 02: Nosferatu (1922) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2022

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2022:
Nosferatu (1922)

Hey, what's 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween without "Nosferatu" (1922)?  And on the 100th Anniversary of "Nosferatu", no less!  So, Happy Anniversary to Count Orlock--he doesn't look a day over 650 years of age.

"Nosferatu" is still one of the creepiest and most unsettling representations of Vampires on screen.  Lurking, skulking, and a shadowy presence (literally), and the fact it is a silent movie adds to the unease watching it.

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the quick pencils on an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of heavy cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And this is the first pass with acrylic paints, just to establish the general lights and darks and some modeling of the figure.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And the final painting.  I used some black and white colored pencil to add some finishing touches and texture to the painting.  Oh, crud, I just realized that I forgot to re-add the buttons on Nosferatu's jacket which I had painted over.  Ah, well.  Maybe if I don't say anything, no one will notice?  Oops, once again it's me and my big mouth always getting me into trouble.

* * *

Done traditionally with acrylic paint and colored pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment