Sunday, October 9, 2022

Day 09: Hellraiser (1987) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2022

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2022
Hellraiser (1987)

Hey, hey!  Done with plenty of time--as least an hour-and-a-half!  Anyhoo, I was a fan of Clive Barker's writing back in the day, and did like "Hellraiser" as a horror movie.  It was visually interesting and embraced that aesthetic.  In this case, rather than one of the Cenobites, I figured I'd do a painting of Frank, as he is being reformed bit-by-bit after his escape from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks (or where ever the Cenobites reside).  There is something horrific about a flayed man in a bloody business suit.

Onward to the next one!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the pencils on an 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  Here's the first (and probably part of a second) pass with acrylic paint.

* * *

STEP THREE: And here's the finished painting.

* * *

Done with Acrylic Paint on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

2 comments:

  1. Pain and pleasure, indivisible. Such a great character, another one I completely forgot about. Love the glimmers on this one, makes him very slimey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joel, 🙂

      I dunno, that's one thing I'll ding Barker on: to me it's Pleasure avoiding Pain every chance I can get! I guess I'd be the most cowardly, milquetoast of Cenobites. :-P

      Thanks for the kind words, as always!

      John D.

      Delete