Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Covered: Dectective Comics #31

DETECTIVE COMICS #31


A somewhat mildly amusing story about this one...  I wasn't too sure if I was going to submit this to Robert's greatly entertaining Covered Blog or not.  On the one hand, it seems like a good fit for his blog in that it was a re-interpreted cover, but for some reason I was (and still am) mostly ambivalent about this painting.  Maybe I just stared at it too long on my easel, but something about this painting just left me a bit cold so I was still sort of going back-and-forth if I wanted to submit it to Covered.

Anyway, Robert was kind enough to post a comment asking if he could post it on his blog.  Well, that settled that.  I told him I would throw logo on it and send it to him the next day or day after.  Of course, the very day he asked about this painting, he also got another submission of Detective Comics #31.  What are the odds?  We just sort of shrugged our shoulders and decided to publish mine a little bit later since Andy's submission was technically in first. 

For those of you interested in the process, HERE is the link to my previous post on the subject.

* * *

This was done with Watercolor/Gouache on 12" x 16" Arches Cold Press 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment