Friday, August 17, 2012

Wertham (W3RTH@M!)

W3RTH@M!


I came across this while cleaning out a drawer of random stuff and thought I'd post it.  

This was supposed to be an entry for a comic book-related contest a few years back (I think it was something iFanboy was doing just before they relaunched their site, if I remember right).  I found out about the contest the day before it was due, so I whipped this up quick. 

It was supposed to be something about creating a super hero or super villain--something like that.  What better comic book villain than the reanimated, robot corpse of Fredrick Wertham, who almost single-handedly destroyed the comic book industry and authored the poorly-reasoned "Seduction of the Innocent"?  So, I did a leet/1337/133t spelling of his name (y'know, cuz I'm clever like that), gave him a robot body with an undead head, and had him burning a copy of "Action Comics #1.  Comic book evil all the way, baby!

I thought I had it done in plenty of time, however I failed to take the time zone of the contest into consideration and actually missed the deadline by a few hours--it was practically done by the time I found it.  Ah, well. I may yet put W3RTH@M! to use some time in the future.

Speaking of the future, I'm working on a BUNCH of stuff at the moment.  I hope to be posting quite a bit in a couple weeks.  We shall see how that pans out... :-)

* * * * *

This was done with watercolor on 7" x 10" Stonehenge paper.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment