Thursday, May 1, 2014

Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Maximus

Maximus


Here is the original entry for Maximus in the "Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe".

* * *


And here is my entry to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Redux.  

Some more entries to the OHOTMU opened up, so I grabbed a few more.  :-)

I've always been interested in Maximus, brother to the Inhuman's leader, Black Bolt.  Then again, I'm a fan of genius-type characters who are a dozen or more steps ahead of everyone else.  Maybe it's projection on my part, or more likely just 'cuz I'm a dullard who dreams of being much smarter than I really am.  :-)

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the pencils for Maximus.  I used a .5mm (4B) mechanical pencil to sketch everything out on a 8-1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock.  As usual, there are many parts of the pencils which I like more than the inks.  Sigh...

* * *


STEP TWO:  I did the inks with a 02 size brush and ink.  I made a few changes between the pencils and inks to try and match parts of the original entry a little more.

* * *


STEP THREE:  The picture was imported into PhotoShop and colorized in a MULTIPLY Layer.

* * *

Done with Pen-and-Ink on 8-1/2" x 11" paper, colored digitally.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment