Friday, October 26, 2018

Inktober 2018 - Blood of Dracula (1957)

Inktober 2018
Blood of Dracula (1957)


Yet another terrible B-Movie from my misspent youth.  From the makers of "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" and "I Was a Teenage Frankenstein", comes "I Was a Teenage Drac..."  No, wait, "Blood of Dracula" (1957).  C'mon, people, the title was right there!  You could have at least finished the naming convention for the series...  

It is the same basic plot of "I Was a Teenage Werewolf", involving hypnotism used to turn the leading teenage lady into a vampire.  It also had the same writer as "I Was a Teenage Werewolf", so I'm sure it was just a coincidence.  However, instead of a crazy werewolf costume, in this case it was crazy eyebrows and eyelashes!

The year was pretty busy for American International Pictures (AIP), the studio that cranked these B-Movies out.  When they saw a fad, they leaned full into it--hard.  They beat that horse 'til it was dead, became undead, and then was dead again.  And then beat it some more.

I did this with the drawing process as the previous posts.  So, here we go...

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the pencils, done with an ebony pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The inks were done using a #10 brush and Pro Art Pro-4100 ink.

* * *


STEP THREE:  After it was imported into Photoshop, it was colored over a Multiply layer.  Like all the previous ones, the coloration is deliberately stylized.

* * *

Done with Pen-and-Ink on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock / Digitally colored.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment