Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Celestials (Ziran)

CELESTIALS - Ziran the Tester



Here is the entry in the Marvel Handbook.

* * * * *


Well, here it is, the last of the Celestials in the Marvel Handbook.  Sorry for the bit of a document dump, but I finished them all at almost the same time, alas.

 Now that I look at them all, while I think they turned out OK, I now sorta of wish I would have done something more with them.  Pushed things a bit more.  But, with the size constraints for the Celestials (they were only a 1/4 page for each entry), I wasn't sure how much that would have shown up as I wasn't sure if they were going to be displayed the same way when posted to the OHTTMU:RE blog.  So, I kept things a bit more simplified than I usually would.

I will definitely be revisiting the Celestials again in the future.  They are one of those things which captured my imagination when I first read "The Eternals" back as a teenager, when I found them in the Back-Issue Bin for a quarter each.  

* * * * *


STEP ONE:  I pencilled the image on a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of cardstock with a .5mm mechanical pencil with 2B lead. 

* * * * *


STEP TWO:  The inks are done with a .3mm Copic Marker for the outlines, with a brush and ink to add a little more line weight.  I then scanned it into Photoshop and cleaned the line work up a bit.

* * * * *


STEP THREE:  Once cleaned up in Photoshop, I copied the layer and set it to MULTIPLY to color it.

* * * * *

This was done with pen-and-ink on 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" cardstock and colored in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment