Thursday, September 6, 2012

Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Celestials (Arishem)

CELESTIALS: Arishem the Judge

Here's the entry from "The Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe".

* * * * *




OK, because sometimes I'm not all that bright, I jumped at the chance to draw the Celestials but didn't stop and think to myself, "Hey, Self, there are 10 of 'em to draw from the Marvel Handbook entry, y'know."  I think I will be posting 'em as I get them done, rather than wait until I get 'em all done and post them all at once.  Because of that, I'm gonna be posting a LOT in September!  :-D

[I was already interested in The Celestials, as evidenced by my previous post HERE, which featured my Repanel of Arishem in ETERNALS #7, page 18]

* * * * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the pencils.  As each entry is about 1/4 of a comic page, each Celestial entry was pretty small.  So, I cut some 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock in half and set to work pencilling them out.  Also, as they would be relatively small, I also tried to keep them simple in design, as well.

* * * * *


STEP TWO:  Here are the inks.  I first went around the pencils with a .03 Copic Marker I had laying about.  The line weight seemed pretty dead, however.  So, I went over top of everything with a size 05 Round brush and ink (just a cheap, generic brush, nothing fancy).  I then scanned it into PhotoShop and cleaned up the inks.

* * * * *


STEP THREE:  I created a Duplicate Layer and set it to MULTIPLY, and then colored over top.  I kept the color scheme pretty simple, as there are going to be nine more over the next week-and-a-half... and I sort of liked the look of the vaguely 80's throwback for coloring the pen-and-ink drawing. 

* * * * *

This was done with pen-and-ink on 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" cardstock and colored in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment