Thursday, October 10, 2013

Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Aliens - Sirians

Sirians


Here is the original entry for the Alien Race: Sirians to the "Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe".

* * *


And here is my entry to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Redux.  

It is one of four on the page, so the rest of 'em should be coming in over the next few days if all goes as planned (which it never seems to do, of course).  :-)  

* * *


Here are the pencils, done with blue pencil lead on 8-1/2" x 11" paper.  For some reason, pencils always seem to look better than inks to me.  Granted, I'm not the best inker in the world, but I think there is usually more potential in the pencils before the inking "locks" the linework down.  Then again, that may be a high-faulting way to say "My inking really needs work..."  :-)

* * *


Here are the inks, done with PITT brush-nib pen.

* * *


After it was scanned into Photoshop, I used a MULTIPLY LAYER to colorize it.

* * *

Done with Pen-and-Ink on 8-1/2" x 11" paper, colored digitally.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment