Friday, November 1, 2013

The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)


Sure, Halloween is officially over, but I'm still feeling vaguely inspired by the classic monster movies of yore.  This time, it's "The Bride of Frankenstein" (1935).  Sure, the Bride makes a brief appearance in the book before she is destroyed by Dr. Frankenstein, but here's the movie version of those 1 to 2 pages in the novel!  And, again, I was struck by the amount of slapstick in the movie.  It seemed very strange and jarring to me that I didn't remember it being quite so comedic in its attempt when I was younger.

The again, when I was a 7-year-old, I thought "Plan 9 From Outer Space" was pretty scary, too.  But, I may have said too much... :-D

* * * 


Here are the loose pencils on a sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.  And, once more, I find the pencils to be generally superior to the inks.  Sigh.

* * *


And here are the inks, done with a No. 4 round brush with Speedball Super Black ink.

* * *


And here it is scanned it into Photoshop and colorized it as a monochrome with a MULTIPLY Layer.  I decided to do the coloration in the same manner as "The Invisible Man" (1933) post, below.

* * *

Done with pen-and-ink on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock, colorized in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment