Sunday, May 17, 2015

Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Death

Death


Here is the original entry for Death for the "Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe".

* * *


And here is my entry for Death to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Redux.

Well, actually, I gave Jon M. from the OHOTMU:Redux the choice between this one and the one with the black background (below).  In some ways, I think the black background is more fitting for the character of Death, while I do sort of like the orange background as it adds a little color and is closer to the original entry.

* * *


Alas, I didn't think ahead enough to save step-by-step progressions.  I created a 1,000 pixel x 1,500 pixel document with a black background.  I then used 3 pixel hard, round brush with white color to create the scratchboard effect.  I also went back over top with a combination of black brushwork and the Eraser tool to carve back some of the lines.

* * *


Here's a detail of some of the scratchboard effect.  I do like working on scratchboard quite a bit, and will definitely have to do some more digital scratchboard in the future.

* * *

Created digitally in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment